loutent

Bought my TS about 16 years ago, and removed the splitter after about a
month or so. Felt it was more hinderance than help - and besides, Norm
never uses one!

If I see the wood closing up even slightly, I power the saw down and
put a little wedge or 10 penny on the cut side. This happens a few
times a year, but I don't use it every day like a pro.

Now, after disclosing this, I will likely get "beaned" on my next cut.

Lou

, Woodchuck
wrote:

I been watching for awhile and he never uses one? I find on my TS the
splitter can be more of a hassle then benefit. It's just too time consuming
to keep it set up and straight... but I still use it. For how much longer I
don't know. Who uses it, and who doesn't, and why?