billh

After buying all sorts of specialty tools (not only for turning) and
finding that you can use a regular tool for the same purpose with a bit of
practice I now avoid them. Not saying there isn't a place for them but they
are only good for one thing and often they just sit on the shelf.
Billh

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
John

Keep using the skew - the beading tool is good, but the skew is better -
plus it keeps you form being afraid of using the skew

ray

"Eddie Munster" wrote in message
For making beads I am getting proficient with a skew.
But I see these beading tools for sale. They look like they would only
scrape a bead? What is the scoop on this?

If they just leave a scraped surface, why bother, I like the cut surface
left by the skew.

Anybody have any insight into this mystery tool?

John