Grandpa Koca

Lee Bray wrote:
Hi Robert

I don't know what kind of shingles you are using but the plastic
strip covers the same blobs of sealant that is on the other side of the
shingle here in Florida. I can understand it is a preventative for sure
as here in Florida the heat would bond them together but if you take the
strip off there is the same bonding agent under the tape or at least the
ones I bought!

Lee

And why wouldn't there be? I mean from a manufacturing standpoint, why
stock two different types of adhesives when only one will do? The
important part of the adhesive is on the top of the shingle, in the
package stack, even if there was no adhesive on the bottom, they would
stick together due to heat a pressure. One way is to put paper between
each shingle, but that's too wasteful nowadays. The plastic strip needs
to be held in place on the bottom of the shingle, so they just use the
same adhesive to hold it there.

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD of 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.