Lee Bray

Hi Robert

I don't know what kind of shingles you are using but the plastic
strip covers the same blobs of sealant that is on the other side of the
shingle here in Florida. I can understand it is a preventative for sure
as here in Florida the heat would bond them together but if you take the
strip off there is the same bonding agent under the tape or at least the
ones I bought!

Lee

Robert Allison wrote:

Let me give this a try. The strip is there to prevent the asphalt
sealant on the shingle underneath this shingle to NOT adhere to it
while in the bundle. The strip has nothing under it. It is a
shield against the sealant on the other shingles.