chillermfg

Thus over amping, over heating and burning out.

"Blue" wrote in message ...
It is counterintuitive but "pulling a vaccuum" is easier on the fan than
moving air. To see that in action try holding your palm against the intake
of a hair dryer. The motor speeds up.

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
Among other things, the fan motor
is not designed to pull a vacuum.
Face it, the filters were not the only thing ignored.

John Smith wrote in message
om...
I just bought a house and found the A/C unit not working. I
checked the filters and they were as filthy as you can imagine. I
thought I could make the A/C work by simply replacing the filters.
No. After I replaced the filters, there was still no cool air. I
wonder what has been damaged, if any?