John Willis

On 22 Nov 2004 04:51:28 -0800, (Joe) scribbled this
interesting note:

But getting back to the IKO answer above - it doesn't explain what
these strips are covering up.

Their logic is that the tape is there to keep the shingles from
sticking to each other. Which means that what-ever is UNDER the tape
is sticky and shouldn't come into contact with other shingles while
bundled. So why put this stuff on the shingles in the first place?

Those strips are there not to cover up anything that is underneath
them, but if you look carefully, they are positioned such that when
the shingles are in their packaging the strips are over the factory
applied sealant and they keep that from sticking the shingles
together.

To repeat what others have said, it is not necessary to remove those
strips. If you feel compelled, I suppose it will do no harm, but then
again you will gain nothing by doing so. I suppose everyone needs a
hobby, which is what you will have if you insist on removing them!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)