Ecnerwal

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

I need to mill some slots in some 1095, annealed steel. I can use a dremel
to finish up, or file work. The slot (or groove, a long hole) is to be .25"
x 3 "

My other alternative is to just drill some holes, and grind out the excess,
of course.

Either use this as an excuse to buy a mill, or drill and file. Drilling
and filing should not take all that long if the files are sharp. Faster
than grinding with a Dremel, usually. You can do an amazing amount of
work with a sharp file if you put your mind to it, and make sure that
your workpiece is not harder than your file.