Beachcomber

Hi,
Wireless and/or digital can take care of that.
Super borad band. Already technology is going way ahead of us
ordinary Joe. They'll even transmit power via microwave, no high tension
wires for an example.
Tony

The problem with wireless is always going to be security concerns..
Even with encryption and passwords, there is always going to be some
doubt. Just like you have a certain element of people who participate
in cell phone fraud and others who sucessfully hack into wireless
network connections at home and at work.

There are other concerns with wireless such as spectrum crowding and
terrestrial interferance with other services. There are also health
concerns and the problem is being re-visited with cellular phones.

Some very forward thinking people may not necessarily want to bathe in
a sea of microwave energy within their own home for an extended period
of time.

Wireless is great for many applications and and, just my opinion here,
a stopgap measure for home residential use, until the fine day comes
when we have 100% door-to-door two-way fiber optic connections to
every home in America, whether urban, suburban, or rural.

Japan and South Korea already have this for many of their urban areas
and Super broadband has proven to be more common and less expensive in
these areas.

If we had an FCC that cared more less about naughty words, boobs, and
dropped towels and more about technology, we might be further along
than we are at this point in time.

Also, wireless power transmission is nothing new. Tesla was doing it
back in the 19th century. In practical terms though, I think we will
see a lot more net-metered solar rooftops, that is, if the utilities
don't see fit to kill the idea before it spreads to the mainstream.

Beachcomber