Old Nick

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:23:09 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Thanks for jumping in.

Posi-start is not worth the trouble anyway.
We leave it turned off on our Cobras.

Posi-start is rather useful when running constant current procedures,
usually with large dia. wire.

Well, as I said, it's moot for me..G

That pot controls the pull motor in the gun, the other motor is a slave
motor of low torque to assist in feeding wire and its speed is not
controlled.

hmmm....OK. So this thing _has_ to run as push-pull. This makes sense
given that the motor is 115V 50 Hz AC. Not easy to control the speed
of that. I assume the gun motor must be supplied other power that can
be controlled?

Remote speed control is used when the setup is mechanized.

OK. Again moot G.