TURTLE

"NWM" wrote in message

The actual sequence of events is 1)pilot 2)full flames) 3)blower with
full flames 4) blower off with full flames 5) pilot light 6) pilot
light with blower.......(I guess this is good since there is still
enough heat in the furnace to trigger another blast from the blower
even though just the pilot light is on. Getting 2 blasts from the
blower for the price of one cycle of gas, although the second blast is
much quicker in duration.) 7)pilot light without blower. Repeat

That is wrong. And its costing you.
IT could be from improper heat rise, caused by improper burn set, it could
be from an improperly set fan switch, or a bad fan switch...
The second blower run is wrong, and its not a good thing....

What is the proper sequence ? I assume from the above that the furnace
should be fully burning at all times and I should not see only the
pilot light at any point.
Is the second blower run dangerous?

First guy I called didn't even clean or change anything. He was
pushing hard to install a 5000 dollar furnace. He claimed it would
take 5 hours to remove the burners. The second guy took an hour to
take out the burners and scrub and clean them and check the limit ,
replace the thermo couple. Unfortunately, he didn't check the blower.
Probably becaue at the time it was working properly , the pilot light
did not come on just by itself. The furnace was burning fully.

You have to understand, I am completely new at this so every
experience I am learning more and learning more from the responses I
get . The second guy was a big improvement over the first. At least
the second guy got the furnace working and the auto setting on the
limit to work. BUt not good enough according to you. First guy was 140
bucks for pretty much showing up, and the seond guy charged 186 for
labor and one part for an hour. Maybe the third time will be the
charm. Is there a checklist for things I should ask for? Your industry
is full of crooks so it seems.

Thanks

This is Turtle.

I would not be so quick to call a third company out when you have not called the
second guy back and explained the problem. If you called me back and said it was
still not working properly. I would come back for NOTHING to see about it. Call
him back and see what happens .

Now watch out here lumbing the second guy with the crooks out there. I have
cleaned a burn and replace the thermocouple and see nothing wrong with it and
leave and get called back to a Fan / Limit switch start to acting up . A fan /
Limit can work good one minute and when you leave it will start screwing up.

TURTLE