Andrew

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

In article , Tony Bryer
writes
In article , Mike
Mitchell wrote:
So, if anything, both Labour and the Tories should be ploughing in
*more* taxpayers' money into the NHS, not less.

But Labour are. The problem is in ensuring that the money goes into
"front line services" rather than non or inessential jobs. I suspect
that Gordon Brown is as outraged as the Daily Mail by some of the
jobs that appear in the Guardian public sector ads. When I worked for
a LA BCO jobs would be kept empty for months at a time whilst
Personnel and Management Services relentlessly grew.

Actually the biggest increase in spending on the NHS in *real* terms
was during John Majors 5 years. Oh, and the first thing Phoney did was
scrap Ken Clarks initiatives - now 6 years later they have suddenly
'discovered' the same ideas and are calling them theirs.
--
Andrew