Andrew

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

In article , Mike Mitchell
writes
elected. It looks like the public services are going to be pared back
somewhat.

No, he said they wanted to cut out all the unnecessary (final pensioned)
bums behind desks - jag+=2 has employed 4,000 alone in the 'opdm' since
1997.

having on births all over the country. Apparently we are 10,000 (ten
thousand!) midwives short.

Because Noo Labour have swamped the NHS with 'managers' and bureaucracy.

So, if anything, both Labour and the Tories should be ploughing in
*more* taxpayers' money into the NHS, not less.

I thought that is what Mr Letwin said they would do (spend more).
How many of you have heard of Mr Grainger ?. He is the overpaid prat
that Phoney has employed (£250K per year) to spend about 5 *billion* of
our taxes on a totally unnecessary national computerisation scheme for
the NHS. Sod the Victorian buildings - lets get some bits and bytes in
there. The whole charade has been surrounded by almost military secrecy
- virtually no independent reviews or critical analysis. Mr Grainger has
been reported as saying that all existing HNHS computer systems are
'crap' (some are, many aren't - like the London Hospitals excellent
system running on venerable ?Old VAX's and systel) yet he hasn't
bothered to even do a proper audit of what is being done.
--
Andrew