Astro

:-)
I'm one of the good guys, I like to think.
my first thought was "get a cheap, 10-seer heat pump", but I realized that
would make me a complete hypocrite. I've been preaching to my friends and
family about reduced energy load, cutting out fossile fuel use and using
various solar and geothermal designs. So for me to put in a cheapo system
in my rentals would not cut it.

What's a couple months of rent in the big picture?

thanks to all for your feedback. I think I'll go with one of the high
efficiency units suggested in a previous post.

Best,

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:00:07 -0600, Greg O wrote:

"Astro" wrote in message
newspshte04v1v1dc2q@athlon2600...

The reason this caught my eye is that I'm looking at replacing a heat
pump
in one of my rental properties and I'd like to put in something "eco
friendly". Geothermal is not an option, and I was planning on putting
in a
high efficiency Carrier or Lennox HP or maybe a York Stealth. This Nyle
unit showed up as an added option but I'm a little loathe to get a unit
that nobody's ever heard of.

Any thoughts?

What kind of slum lord are you??
Most rental property owners want the cheapest piece of crap they can
find,
screw the operating costs, let the renters pay the fuel bill!
Greg