patriarch

"Woodchuck" wrote in
:

I been watching for awhile and he never uses one? I find on my TS the
splitter can be more of a hassle then benefit. It's just too time
consuming to keep it set up and straight... but I still use it. For
how much longer I don't know. Who uses it, and who doesn't, and why?

I use the Delta Removeable splitter that comes with the Overarm Guard,
orderable as a service part for less than $30. I've had several
experiences that remind me to put it in, whenever I'm done with the
crosscut sleds. I also seem to get better results on the materials I use.

However...

One evening last week, while watching an older NYW on the TiVo, my eldest
son was giving me unmitigated crap for 'instructing Norm on technique',
while he built some project or another.

Do things the way that makes you comfortable. Be willing to learn from
others. Smile as you enter, and leave, your workspace.

Patriarch