Mike Mitchell

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:17:50 -0000, "Mal"
wrote:

So it's fair and reasonable for the workers of Britain to want to improve
their lot, by striking or whatever, and but unfair for a foreigner to do the
same by moving to somewhere they can get better pay and conditions?

Apples and oranges. While our low-paid workers go on strike, if need
be, to obtain a higher wage, we are exploiting the third world to keep
wages down. By keeping wage slow, we lose staff in key positions, who
do not find working for a pittance very attractive. Thus the third
world loses thrice. They lose their staff, their workers are paid low
wages when they arrive in Britain, and the money that it cost to train
those workers in their home country is wasted. That country's tax
payers are thus out of pocket because we in Britain have (a) not paid
high enough wages to attract more of the indigenous population into,
say, nursing or midwifery, and (b) take advantage of third world
workers who, you're right, are only too keen to want to improve their
position. It's not the indivudual workers either at home or abroad you
need to apportion blame to, it's the Government, or rather, successive
governments.

I suggest you take a long hard look at the rest of your series of ridiculous
posts too, hypocrite.

Okay, if it floats your boat!

MM