Dan

On Sun 21 Nov 2004 07:42:26a, "Woodchuck"
wrote in :

I been watching for awhile and he never uses one? I find on my TS the
splitter can be more of a hassle then benefit. It's just too time
consuming to keep it set up and straight... but I still use it. For
how much longer I don't know. Who uses it, and who doesn't, and why?

I use a piece of ruler from an old combination square, slighty sharpened at
the infeed side, and a slot cut in the bottom so I can loosen the bolt and
take it out quick when I want to run a dado.

I don't think I've ripcut anything but plywood where I haven't been
thankful that thing is there. I've watched boards come out of a cut and
BEFORE the splitter there's a nice 1/8 kerf, and AFTER the splitter the two
pieces are against each other so tightly you'd think they were clamped.

Dan