MP Toolman

I tend to go right above a local manager's head as well if I have a
problem with a company. It scares them into actually fixing the
problem rather than just satisfying a single customer.

Sometimes -- but it does not always work. I had a bad experience with Circuit
City a while ago. It will be the last experience I have with them as I will
not ever go in one of their stores again. Local manager was completely un
responsive. I went to the internet, found the President's name, and wrote him
a letter. I got a phone call from somebody who identified himself as an
"executive assistant." His message amounted to something like "We have our
policies; we do not care if our sales person mislead you; and we do not care if
we lose you as a customer." I asked him why he bothered calling -- and he
could not seem to answer. I wish them the best of Chapter 11.

Mill