dalecue

Ecnerwal wrote in message ...
Vague advertisement, vague question...

There's a mill in range which is described as a Cincinnati
horizontal/vertical. Manual mill that's being shifted due to CNC
replacement, supposed to be in good shape, price seems reasonable.

Without having any idea what model it might be, precisely (until Monday,
anyway), my vague question is whether a Cincinnati with a vertical head
(sounds like it might be an optional head on a horizontal mill, but I'm

not sure of that) is likely to be a good bet - ie, it's not a
Bridgeport, and everybody loves a Bridgeport

this seems to be the part you are most interested in

with the following disclaimers
1 I am sorta a hobby-ist
2 I could be accused of being less trhan 100% objective

IMHO _most_ knoweldgeable persons would consider the Cincinnati
to be far superior to a Bridgeport

HTH
Dale

- is that likely to mean
it's not versatile, or tooling is hard to come by, or...

I already talked myself out of a huge, ancient, purely horizontal mill
at a bargain basement price.