Astro

Default Cold Climate heat pump

Anybody had any experience with the Nyle "cold climate heat pump"? This is
a standard, air-source heat pump that claims effective heating down to 0F.

http://www.nyletherm.com/spaceheating.htm

Reading the blurb, it looks like it's just a two stage compressor system.
So I'd guess in their example, that what they're selling as a 3-ton unit
is something more like a 6-ton two stage which runs at 3+-tons until some
critical temperature (around 30F?) then kicks in the second stage for
extra output. Nothing revolutionary. But it does seem to get around the
standard complaint of normal heat pumps not being able to keep up with
load requirements at low temps.

The reason this caught my eye is that I'm looking at replacing a heat pump
in one of my rental properties and I'd like to put in something "eco
friendly". Geothermal is not an option, and I was planning on putting in a
high efficiency Carrier or Lennox HP or maybe a York Stealth. This Nyle
unit showed up as an added option but I'm a little loathe to get a unit
that nobody's ever heard of.

Any thoughts?