Steve Dawson

Default Battery circular saws

"MrCheerful" wrote in message

"PoP" wrote in message
I know this subject has been discussed before, however I guess I
wasn't taking a whole lot of notice to take the detail in.

I seem to be doing a fair few loft floor installations now, and it
crossed my mind that instead of humping my mains powered circular saw
up into the loft with a trailing cable to cut boards to size maybe I
should get me a battery saw for convenience. Nothing fancy, just able
to chop 18mm boards so relatively small blade diameter would be fine.
Accuracy is not a big deal for loft flooring - plus I've made a jig
which runs the circular saw thru a channel to lop the ends off a
board.

Screwfix offer a Ferm 18v saw:

Question is, anyone got one of these and feel it's worth the price
(£68)?

Comes with 2 18v 1.2Ah batteries and a 1 hour charger. I'm not
bothered if I have to swap batteries a couple of times on a job -
sometimes I have to cut 50+ boards to size, I just need to know if
this is up to doing several boards before the battery life is sucked
into oblivion - I need a saw not a fan.

Other suggestions welcome. I don't want to spend a huge amount on
this, so it rules out the DeWalts etc.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!

I have an 18v performance power cordless, it is very useful for hardboard

or
thin ply, anything over and it struggles. I would not even bother trying

cut a chipboard flooring panel with it

MrCheerful

My 18v Dewalt Saw seems to last very well, but you will much thru batteries.

Steve