anonymous

Marty Feldman wrote:

i don't think killing a defenseless animal is much of a sport. now,
if the animal can somehow kill you if you mess up, that's something.

Marty, I agree with you. That's why, one afternoon MANY years ago, I stalked
one up near Camp Graying in Michigan with only a 6" knife in my hand. I was
reaching for him with my off hand when he bolted.

But I got close enough to touch.

Bill

PS ... Probably some of you will be tempted to call me a liar. I can't say
that I blame you because what I did is definitely out of the ordinary. But
you weren't there and I was. The deer sensed me a long time before he could
figure out where I was. My hand was about a foot from his antlers when he
figured out where I was and left outta there like hooved lightning. Had I
moved just a little faster, the story would have had another ending. Not
certain I would have been alive to tell it, though.