Ed Huntress

wrote in message

I like the job my buddy does with the tig welder.
Another friend of mine has built a lot of race cars - and is building
one now with an aluminum chassis (a "clone" of a Lotus 7 - not an
abomination like a Locost, but actually to accurate lotus 7
dimensions, modified to make out of aluminum angle, and running a V
twin bike engine.) It is ALL being rivetted, as he says with welded
6061T6, unless you can re-heat-treat it (which is NOT a do-it-yourself
job) you have no idea WHAT you have after welding. So, he's building
it according to "aircraft standards" - all joints rivetted and
gussetted.

Does he have anything online about this? I'm curious about how he modified
the 7 chassis so it could be made out of angle.

Ed Huntress