Harold & Susan Vordos

wrote in message
On 21 Nov 2004 00:52:45 GMT, (HaroldA102) wrote:

Thay only replace with the same part number if that number is no longer

made
you are out of luck..period

Not true. I have had 30 some year old tools replaced with "today's
equivalent" - different part number, but same function/description.

Yep, me, too. I took in an old cracked socket that bore no resemblance to
the sockets of today. My father had it in some old tools he had owned for
years. Walked in with it in my hand and walked out no less than a minute
later with a new socket. I must say they've always been pretty good about
replacing mechanic's hand tools.

Harold