Rumpty

But then, in California, we don't get first choice on cherry lumber.

Nor do we in Saskatchewan.

I live in Pennsylvania and neither do we! LOL

I buy from local saw mill who air dries and then wood fires to finish and
doesn't steam. I've use his wood and I've purchased steamed cherry from
major mills here in Pa and they seem to finish about the same, although the
steamed is a bit lighter. I often combine steamed and not steamed in the
same piece and I can't tell the difference.

BTW, FWIW I recently purchased some great 4/4, 5/4 veneer quality cherry
from this local mill for $4/ft USD. It's nice....

Rumpty

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article ,
patriarch wrote:

But then, in California, we don't get first choice on cherry lumber.

Nor do we in Saskatchewan.

Hardwoods are very expensive here, and with the steamed cherry at 7.90
CAD / bf it's comparativeley affordable. But if it's inferior, I can
buy poplar for less than 1/3 that and stain it.