patriarch

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

In article , Rumpty
wrote:

IIRC the steamed cherry is lighter in color and doesn't darken as
easily.

It appeared very close in color to "normal" cherry. If it doesn't
darken as easily, does it darken *evenly*?

Two coats of RBS, and everything's cool. g,d&r

Actually, I think I used some, when I 'recycled' some cabinet shop leftover
doors. I gave it a coat or three of Tried & True Original, which it
slurped up, then a coat of Briwax Clear. The color was good, but I didn't
keep the pieces here long enough to evaluate the longer term changes. The
texture was different, and the wood worked 'softer' than the other cherry
I've used.

But then, in California, we don't get first choice on cherry lumber.

Patriarch