AAvK

Hi,
I'm in the market for a drill press. Ideally, I'd like to get a
halfway-decent floor style for somewhere in the $200 range. I've been
looking at Grizzly and a few other brands. I was in Menards today and
saw a "Tool Shop" (Menards brand) 16-speed floor-type drill press with
3/4 HP motor for less than $200. It seems to be very solid (we're not
talking Powermatic, but it seems adequate for my needs). The
adjustments, mechanics, fit and finish, etc. seemed sound.
Does anyone have one of these, or know anything about the "Tool Shop"
line of drill presses? Some of the other "Tool Shop" tools seem a
little sketchy, but this one didn't. I'm leaning toward giving it a
try, but if you have any input please let me know!!!

To tell you the truth I wouldn't even bother, it will be Chinese, it will have
"runout", it will be mechanicaly disapointing for assembly and use in one
or several ways, no matter what. So, what if you would spend merely twice
as much on an accurate, properly U.S. made, heavy floor standing machine
of twelve speeds, with free shipping and a full two year warrentee? If yes,
then search for Palmgren on Amazon.com. It will last a loooooooong time!

Alex