ATP

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:03:26 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

Well, there are Craftsman power tools, and there are craftsman power
tools. Their cheap stuff is pretty well crap. An example is circular
saws. They currently have 4 consumer grade saws, and one professional.
The pro is every bit as good as the Makita 5007nb or Dewalt dw368

Same with the belt sander. 3 consumers, and 1 professional.

The cheap Makita stuff is every bit as bad as the Craftsman low end
stuff. Cheap Bosch stuff too.

The "professional" Craftsman stuff used to be Black and Decker, which was
OK. The regular Craftsman power tools were extremely low grade junk that
would quite often fail immediately. I don't think I've purchased one of
their power tools in 20 years. I've never seen a Bosch or Makita product in
the same league as a Craftsman tool- I've been using both for quite a few
years.