Andy Hall

Subject: Quick test for antifreeze?
From: (Steve Firth)

Did you know that the urine of diabetics tastes sweet

Who discovered that?

Urine for a surprise....

The consultant urologist is demonstrating urine sampling to a class of
students. As each sample is passed to him, he dips a finger in the
bottle, raises his hand to his mouth and licks it. the standard tests
follow and after each one he mutters "Hmm, thought so, too high/low a
sugar level", etc.

The students were then invited to follow his example, which they duly
did, including the finger dipping and licking.

At the end of the class, the consultant addressed the students. "While
I cannot fault you on your general techniques", he said, "I would
recommend that you pay more attention to observation". He continued,
"If you had been more alert, you would have realised that, when I
dipped my finger in the sample prior to testing it, I then licked a
different digit.

Class dismissed".

--

..andy