tim

"in2minds" wrote in message
I've already started work on the cellar (on 04/11), when the BCO came one
of the things he said was that I should have gained party wall consent at
least 14 days before commencing. I've just got one neighbour to complete a
consent letter (I downloaded them from the net), which I got them to back
date to 04/11, and will see the other neighbour tomorrow.
Do you think the BCO will be happy with that ?

AIUI the BCO's advice was just that. He does not enforce the
Party Walls act, nobody does. It's a damp squib that you are
supposed to comply with but which doesn't have any sanctions
for non-compliance.

But I suppose that there must just be some significance for
basements that is different to other walls.

tim