igor

Default Ping Pat Warner - re shoulder bolt on your table

I read you page about adjusting cutter height (good stuff) and see a photo
and ref to a shoulder bolt. I could not find any other ref to the bolt on
your site nor could I find a photo that shows how/where it is attached or
what it does -- other than hold the 1/4" mdf pieces in place. Also, the
"bolt" in the photo looks like it has a bearing at the top. So, can you
offer more info? Does the bolt serve to hold the stock to the fence at all
-- it looks like it might in the bottom photo on that page?

BTW, why do you have (what appears to be) the dial indicator pin on your
fence pressed against a round object rather than a flat surface at the back
of the fence?

-- Igor