MC

For gas lines, soldering the copper lines is something not really want to
do. Even if new and no gas present, making repairs once the gas is turned on
is somehting you do not want to use any heat with. Even after the gas has
been turned off can have a pocket of gas still in the line.

Use the flare nuts!

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"rud" wrote in message
om...
I am running a gas line out to my garage, however the run is about
120feet so I'll need to use a couple of rolls. I am using type L soft
copper tubing. Is it okay to solder joints in a gas supply line or
should I use flared fittings?

thanks

This is Turtle.

Check your code in your area as to Copper or L or K types of copper being

used.
I personally don't have a problem with L copper for this but i would feel

safer
with K on it.

To weld / sweat or not. Depends on how good you are and do you have the

right
tools to sweat it right. Also check you code out as to what they perfer.

TURTLE