:::Jerry::::

"Cicero" wrote in message
.uk...

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
news
I want to build a 5m high tower in my garden to hold a 1m diameter
satellite dish.

One option is to build the tower using scaffolding, but does anyone have

better idea? I have though of the top of an old electricity pylon but

they
are not easy to find!

A telegraph pole would probably do the job. They've worked successfully

for
nearly a century for telephone cables and probably won't sway about very
much if well anchored in the ground.

But most don't have a 1 meter 'sail' mounted on them !

Also, most SH poles have been removed due to not being fit for the purpose
they were there to do, have you any idea the damage a falling pole will do
or the cost of a new pole ?...