Bruce L. Bergman

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:56:45 GMT, "Searcher"
wrote:

First of all, ratchets are covered by the lifetime warranty, His problem is
that he has a TORQUE ratchet, Sears does NOT warranty this for life. Only
the year as stated.

I bought my 9-44478 150 Ft-Lb DigiTork sometime after 1981 (the
receipt I found in the box for the 9-44467 blow-molded storage box
from Catalog is dated 6/29/86)

From the back of the instruction booklet (dated 6-1-81):

FULL 90-DAY WARRANTY ON CRAFTSMAN DIGITORK (tm) MICRO ADJUSTING TORQUE
WRENCH

If, within 90 days from the date of purchase, this Craftsman Digitork
(tm) Micro Adjusting Torque Wrench fails due to a defect in material
or workmanship, Sears will repair and/or calibrate it free of charge.

LIMITED WARRANTY

After 90 days and until one year from date of purchase, Sears will
repair any defect in material or workmanship in the torque wrench,
free of charge. This warranty coverage does not include
recalibration. Warranty service is available by returning the wrench
to the nearest Sears store in the united states. This warranty gives
you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary
from state to state.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545