Jim Easterbrook

In article , tomw wrote:

I need to move our old high level cistern, which is currently mounted on the
wall to one side of the toilet, to the wall on the other side. The existing
flush pipe is lead. I assume that re-using the existing lead pipe is not an
option. Does anybody know of anywhere where I can find copper or steel
tubing and fittings to replace the flush pipe? I have seen complete
flush-pipe kits in plastic, and Thomas Crapper's do brass pipes, but these
require the cistern to be mounted behind the toilet, rather than to the
side.

You can get "three part" plastic flush pipes that allow side mounting. I
got one and spray painted it with Halfords own brand "chrome", which has
a nice metallic "new lead" look.
--
Jim Easterbrook http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/