rijo1

OK , I will try to be more specific with the problem of the circuit . The carbon
resistor that is burnt is connected on one end to the base of a MPS A92 silicon high
voltage, general purpose amplifier transistor . On the other end of the burnt carbon
resister is connected to the base of a BUV46 silicon NPN power transistor for switching
power applications .
If someone would please look up the 2 transistors and calculate the proper resistance
for the resistor that is burnt would be greatly appreciated . Thanks for all the help ,
Rick

BOB URZ wrote:

rijo1 wrote:

I am working on a circuit board out of a mig welder. The problem is a
resister burnt and I can't read the some of the color bands. This
circuit board controls wire speed, arc stabilizer, etc. There is also
high voltage on this board . How would be the best way to determine the
proper resistance of the burnt resister ? Thanks for any help in advance
.

What kind of resistor?
Form factor?
Wire wound?
Metal film?
How did it fail?
Blown in half, or just open?

You first have to ID the type and wattage.
If its a metal film or wire wound, you may be able to take
resistance readings from each end to the bad point and add
them together to determine the approximate value of the
resistor. This might get you in the ballpark.

Bob