Peter Andrews

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"tomw" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to move our old high level cistern, which is currently mounted on
the
wall to one side of the toilet, to the wall on the other side. The
existing
flush pipe is lead. I assume that re-using the existing lead pipe is not
an
option. Does anybody know of anywhere where I can find copper or steel
tubing and fittings to replace the flush pipe? I have seen complete
flush-pipe kits in plastic, and Thomas Crapper's do brass pipes, but

these
require the cistern to be mounted behind the toilet, rather than to the
side. I can even find copper piping in large diameters from
metalsupermarkets.com, but don't know where to find fittings for these
diameters (2" and 2 1/2"). If I could hire a pipe bender that would cope
with these diameters, I suppose I could do the whole thing in one

piece...
any thoughts?

Cheers

Tom

Could you not put a low level cistern in?

As it's hardly drinking water :-) why not keep the lead?