Larry Jaques

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:36 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Malcolm Webb) calmly ranted:

I have a couple of these emergency fluorescent tubes (about 12 inches
long). Leave plugged into an electric socket and they come on when the
power fails. Last for 2 hours.

I got mine from a friend who is refurbishing some accommodation at an RAF
station. He salvaged a number of them from a skip. They are meant to be
permanently wired into a lighting circuit but work equally well with a
plug attached to them.

I have also seen them for sale at an MOD surplus warehouse, but I can't
remember the price. I live in hope that a couple more freebies may arrive
some day.

$14.99 isn't free, but it's a fair price. I found out yesterday
that the local store has 7 in stock.
They should float long enough to get across the pond, wot?

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --