Nick Hull

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:

Nick Hull wrote:
And I know I'd prefer a lamp that went dim, or otherwise indicated
imminent failure, rather than one that just went out.

Why not design a LED flashlight that flickers when the batteries get low?

The one I'm planning (if the user does not switch modes) goes at 100% to
33% battery, then 50% to 25%, and then drops down to 10% till 10%, at
which point it goes to 1%.

So, it carries on producing light for about 15 times what it would normally
do, but the step tells you how much power you've got left.
Turn it on at 30% battery life, and you get a bright flash, and it then
goes dimmer.

Turn it on at 5% life, and you get a bright flash, followed by rapidly
dimming 3 times.

(it can be switched at any point to the maximum power that the battery
will support)

I want one!! When are you selling it?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't