Rich Dell

Default Dehumidifier repair

I bought a Goldstar dehumidifier last June, which started short
cycling late in the summer. It was still in warranty so I called and
they sent me a check for the full price! Now I have a working unit
which I assume needs a humidistat. It's the fancy electronic model
with digital readout. My question is, can I replace the electronic
controls with an old fashioned dial type one? I found one in a parts
list for a frigidaire, but there's also a "thermostst defrost" listed.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Rich