John Keeney

"Jim L." wrote in message
. com...
Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench for a
replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand

tools
having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are examples of
those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have moving parts they

are
only warranted for one year. I don't know what to say about adjustable
wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint sockets, hand braces,tape
measures, micrometers, and so on into the night. Any others run into this
policy? Jim

I have warranted many, obviously old, ratchets with out complaint.