Jeff Wisnia

Gunner wrote:

From 1954 popular mechanics magazine

Scientists from the RAND Corporation have created this model
to illustrate how a "home computer" could look like in the year
2004.

http://home.centurytel.net/cty90143/...tos/PC1954.JPG

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes

This thread reminds me that about that time the instructor of the
college "computer course" I was taking said he thought that in the
future the "real money" would me made by the people who "wrote programs"
for computers. I don't think any of us were impressed by what he said at
the time.

Bill Gates sure proved him correct....

I had a student job working nights then in the lab which housed a
humongous digital computer called Whirlwind. It used all vacuum tube
logic and magnetic core memory.

http://www.cedmagic.com/history/whirlwind-computer.html

Except for the steering wheel it doesn't look too different from
Gunner's offering. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia