jakdedert

raw38 wrote:
hello, I have an old fisher stereo receiver that im having a small
promblem with.I dont know that much about electronics and was hoping
someone could give a little friendly advise. sometimes when powered
up it has output and sometimes it dont. ive checked speaker
connections etc, the only way i know to explain it is, if it showing
a station ex(96.9) it has output and works fine, if nothing is
displayed it has no output. is this a minor promblem or major, thank
you raw38

FM muting? IOW, the receiver blanks it's output when there is no station
tuned. This is normal. There is probably a switch to defeat the
feature...perhaps when the receiver is in mono, interstation noise is not
muted...many receivers work that way.

If all of the other functions of the unit work, then what you have is not a
problem, but a 'feature.'

jak