Christian McArdle

Default Gas Torches

It basically depends if you do any 22mm. A five quid Taymar simply
won't work properly for this.

Utter, utter ********. HTH.

Perhaps we're talking about different torches, or you used leaded solder?
All I can say is that I tried to make a 22mm equal T joint for around 2
minutes with the Taymar without success, although it did a good job of
heating the surrounding pipework for several metres. I went down B&Q, came
back with the Bernzomatic and had the joint done in around 10-15 seconds
once I had refluxed. I did manage to fix a 22mm Yorkshire straight with the
Taymar, but it still took over a minute to heat, so it is touch and go
whether the flux is still working by then. The straight connection wasn't
into preexisting pipework, so didn't have such a large "heatsink" attached.

I can only report what I saw with my own eyes.

Christian.