BigWallop

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

snipped

Which is complete ********. Where on earth did you dig that up?
The number of people killed in all fires in the UK is somewhere around
600-800 per year IIRC, and only a tiny percentage of

Andrew Gabriel

http://www.firekills.gov.uk/electrical/01.htm

http://www.dorsetfire.co.uk/topic.asp?TopicID=21#491

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/fire/fsafety/fs01e.htm

http://houses.dsu.org.uk/info?i=6

http://www.glosfire.gov.uk/sections/...cal_safety.pdf

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/justice/ghfs-00.asp

And there are loads more if you look.

I work very closely with the fire brigade, police, medical and ambulance
folks on a daily basis, and it really did frighten me when I also found out
that these statistics are real, although are very seldom reported openly.

The new regulations and updated requirements, which are being sought now,
are being drawn up because the stats' are again showing an increase in fire
risk and death from electrical contact. This is only the tip of the 'berg
as it where, because the real events are still quite shadowy on the real
risks from the increased DIYers use of the open shelf markets that are
becoming ever more popular across the UK, and the world.

So, it isn't really ********. It's real statistics, from real organisations
that deal with the events if and when needed. I don't spout ****e,
especially if the ****e you think I spout is unfounded. :-))