Searcher

First of all, ratchets are covered by the lifetime warranty, His problem is
that he has a TORQUE ratchet, Sears does NOT warranty this for life. Only
the year as stated.

Searcher 1 (Sears or is that KMART employee)
"Modat22" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:38:44 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Jim L. wrote:
Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench for
replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand
tools
having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are examples
of
those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have moving parts they
are
only warranted for one year. I don't know what to say about adjustable
wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint sockets, hand braces,tape
measures, micrometers, and so on into the night. Any others run into
this
policy? Jim

Salesperson smirked when I brought back a 1/2" Craftsman drill for
repair/replacement. It was two years old.

"Unless you bought an extended warranty when you bought the drill,
there is nothing we can do for you."

I went home, tossed it in the trash and bought a Makita.
It works real well.

--Winston

Hand tools so tough, they're guaranteed forever.*
Did you know that the first Craftsman hand tool we sold back in 1927
is still under warranty today? So are all the hand tools we've sold
since. That's what is known as having confidence in our quality. As
the Craftsman Unlimited Hand Tool Warranty clearly states... If any
Craftsman guaranteed forever hand tool fails to provide complete
satisfaction, return it for free repair or replacement. Period.

"taken from craftsman site."

http://www.epinions.com/content_160868175492

Link to bob vila site where bob states that a ratchet is covered by
the above policy.

I'd ask a manager