gfulton

"GTO69RA4" wrote in message
Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench for a
replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand

tools
having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are examples

of
those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have moving parts they

are
only warranted for one year. I don't know what to say about adjustable
wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint sockets, hand braces,tape
measures, micrometers, and so on into the night. Any others run into this
policy? Jim

Wait a minute, scratch my last reply. Ratchets and most moving-part hand

tools
are warranted forever, but torque wrenches are for one to two years

depending
on model. It's been that way for years. Try it with different staff in the
future and someone might bite.

GTO(John)

That just jogged my memory. I had a 1/2" breakover type Craftsman torque
wrench that had the rotating sleeve that locks the torque setting. The
plastic sleeve split, took it back, and talked to a guy I know had worked
there for years about it. He couldn't do me any good. Torque wrenches
didn't have the lifetime warranty. I've time and again taken broken ratchet
wrenches and they gave me the rebuild kit, however. I hope that hasn't
changed. The torque wrench episode was about two years ago.

Garrett Fulton