Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:50:50 GMT, Anthony
calmly ranted:

"Jim L." wrote in
.com:

Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench
for a replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand
tools having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are
examples of those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have
moving parts they are only warranted for one year. I don't know what
to say about adjustable wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint
sockets, hand braces,tape measures, micrometers, and so on into the
night. Any others run into this policy? Jim

Yes, I've been fighting it since the late 1970s--on nearly every
Crapsman tool I've broken and taken in to return.

Now, there IS a difference....if the wratchet says "Sears", there is no
warranty to speak of, the wratchet must say "Craftsman" to be covered
under the warranty. The "Sears" brand of tools is cheap
China/Tiawan/whoever ****.

All Searz tools are cheap chiwanese chit AFAIC.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --