Lurch

Default Gas Torches

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:39:51 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Most common would most probably be the trusty old Primus 2000 like
what I've got, then the Rothenberger. Bernzomatic is not quite so
common if you look at what th pros use.

I've usually seen Bernzomatic. However, I've only seen a few, so I doubt
my experience is statistically significant.

Aren't these all a bit expensive - and rather large to store - for a one
off job? I suppose they might be worth it if you're going to burn off a
lot of paint as well, but despite being a tool junkie I've not found the
need for anything bigger than a decent all in one blowlamp.

Depends what you want to use one for. However I was pointing out
popularity, not price or ease of use. I got mine for nothing, and it
does all I want it to do.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.