DanG

Cast iron is relatively easy to drill. Make sure that the holes
are where you want them. Use a center punch to give yourself a
good starting point. Use a good fresh bit about a 3/16 drill
bit. Keep steady pressure and a slow speed. As long as the bit
is making chips or curls everything is fine, just concentrate on
steady pressure and drilling straight. It should go through
fairly quickly. Follow with the appropriate bit for the size bolt
you are using.

You probably do not need lubricant.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"toller" wrote in message
I have a table saw with two stamped metal wings.
I found a cast iron table from an old saw at a garage sale for
$3. Cleaned up it should make a great wing.

Unfortunately it only has holes on three sides, and I need them
on all four. (Since both it an my saw are craftsman, I am hoping
the other holes line up, but better check before I do any new
drilling...)

Any advice on drilling additional holes? I have an industrial
drill and a big pile of drill bits I got when a tool shop went
out of business, but it looks pretty thick. I know I have to
keep oil on the surface, anything else?