mac davis

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:07:45 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
I went really cheap... bought 2 rechargeable florescent double tube
lanterns for camping from good ol' HF for about $30...

They make good emergency lights.. go on when current goes off, but the
best part is that when not in the shop, we're out camping with 'em....

Do you leave them plugged in all the time? It doesn't hurt the
battery? Those sure beat the weakarse 7-watt #38013 hallway emergency
lights they sell for $20.

nope... when they're fully charged, you leave them plugged in and
switch them on.. choosing 1 or 2 tubes..
If the power goes off or you unplug them, they go on..
we had no idea that they had this feature until after we bought them
for camping..
(kinda nice for sitting out on the patio, too.. we put them about 20'
away and get soft light)